WARRANTY AND RETURNS
At Half Price Furniture you can buy with confidence and we want our customers to be completely happy with their purchase.
We recommend you read our Warranty Policy prior to you making a purchase, so you are familiar with our policy on refunds, returns and repairs and your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
All goods sold in Australia come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to have the goods repaired if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Moreover, you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
Please keep in mind the Half Price furniture’s Quality Guarantee applies to the original purchaser only (warranty is not transferable) and only for products used for reasonable domestic purposes. It excludes products used for commercial reasons.
All guarantee periods start from the date of purchase.
If you are offered a replacement product as part of your warranty claim, the original guarantee period still stands.
There may be circumstances where you are not entitled to a remedy.
If goods are to be returned, goods must be returned within a reasonable time and in acceptable condition. This timeframe may vary from product to product and may depend on the type of product you purchased and the price you paid.
You may be provided with an indicative repair time, which time may vary due to reasons beyond ours, or the repairer’s reasonable control, such as part availability and incorrect fault description.
You may be required to pay labour, assessment and/or freight fees, such as where goods are been assessed to have been damaged by neglect, misuse or accident, or where your rights under the Australian Consumer Law or any manufacturer’s warranty do not apply. We may provide you with an indicative fee, which fee may vary due to reasons beyond our control.
Under the Half Price Furniture’s warranty against defects, the purchaser has the right to repairs of the defective part or product only. Additional repairs will be charged
For further information about the Australian Consumer Law and consumer guarantees, visit www.consumerlaw.gov.au.
Change of Mind and Buyer’s Remorse
Please choose carefully as refunds are not provided where you have simply changed your mind, made a wrong selection.
It is your responsibility to measure items you have purchased. If these items do not fit in elevators, doorways or corridors and or do not fit in your space you will not be refunded as per ACCC and office of Fair Trading laws.
Additional transport fees will apply if delivery cannot be performed on a scheduled date.
Goods sold as “Floor stock” , “as is”, “ex-display” or “factory seconds” condition are not subject to normal “Merchant Sample” standards or warranty periods and no further claim can be made against the Company for repair or replacement of the product. These goods are sold on the basis of no refund, no repair or return.
Half Price Furniture will charge a minimum of 50% of the total order amount for any cancellations to pre-orders or special orders.
Exclusions (subject to the Australian Consumer Law)
Subject to the Australian Consumer Law, Half Price Furniture cannot be liable, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise, for or in respect of:
- Normal wear and tear. In this regard, please note that the following may occur as a result of natural and normal usage:
- Your leathers and fabrics will fade and crease your foam and fillings will soften and form the shape of the user over time.
- Minor stitching abnormalities that arise due to normal wear and tear that are not consistent with a defect or manufacturing fault.
- Depending on the covering and the degree of use, the covering material, seat cushion may need regular maintenance such as pilling and fillings and suspension may need regular maintenance or be replaced periodically at the purchaser’s expense.
- Leather is a natural product and scars, marks and differing pore density and colour are also natural characteristics of leather.
- Because most products are upholstered manually, sizes and weights of these products may experience minor variations of up to 5% from the sample products or from any product specifications you have been quoted in any of our stores.
- Damage caused by spills such as acid, solvents, dyes or other corrosive materials, ink, paint, or bodily fluids.
- Damage caused by exposing the product to the sun, extreme heat or bright light such as lamps, or otherwise caused by your acts and/or omissions; or
- Damage caused by using improper Chemicals when cleaning.
- All pet damages.
- The cost of transporting the Product to and/or from the specified place of repair or replacement for purchases made when your nearest Half Price Furniture store is over 100km from place of residence.
- Damage caused by improper use, cleaning, negligence, treatment, transportation, and storage of the products or otherwise caused by your acts and / or omissions.
- Damaged caused through any modifications, alterations, improper assembly, tampering or products used in an abnormal manner and not for the products intended purposes.
- Damage caused by exposing the products to the sun, extreme heat or cold, or chemicals / agents that are known to damage the finish of the product.
- Body impressions on mattresses, sofas and chairs.
- Damages caused by an Act of God.
- Defects in products that are sold “As Is” which were brought to your attention on purchase.
- Products used for commercial purposes
The warranty against defects is not transferable. It is limited to the original purchaser specified in the original Sales Order. The warranty against defects only applies to products that are used for normal domestic purposes and as stated does excludes products used for commercial purposes.
Caring For Your Furniture
Furniture will last for a long time if it is cared for correctly. Never sit on the arms of any sofa or lounge, or apply excessive pressure. Sofa arms are not designed to withstand excessive force.
Do not let children jump on or climb furniture. The furniture is not designed for this purpose.
When moving furniture you must always lift it and never drag it.
Exposure to prolonged sunlight will cause fading to fabric and leather. Sunlight can cause timber furniture to warp, crack and change colour.
Recliner & Sofa Bed Mechanisms (or similar) are mechanical in nature. Exiting a recliner while it is extended may cause the mechanism to bend or fail. Using these mechanisms correctly and taking care will ensure their longevity.
Timber Furniture needs to be protected with coverings like placemats or coasters to protect against marks and scratches. Clean timber surfaces only with a damp clean cloth if necessary. Using solvents may disintegrate the lacquer coatings.
Fabric furniture should be regularly vacuumed and cleaned. It is recommended that a fabric cleaning specialist should be used to clean your furniture on occasion.
Making a claim
To make a claim under these warranties against defects, the Purchaser:
- Must cease using the product immediately after the defect appears
- Must notify Half Price Furniture within 7 calendar days after the issue appears
- Make a claim by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a copy of the original Sales Order or tax invoice, 4 photos, a detailed description and your ID label located underneath the product.
- Any extra damages not reported during the process of a claim will be invalid and the responsibility of such repairs will be considered the responsibility of the purchaser in accordance to clause 1.
To make a claim, please contact your store of purchase. Please note it can take up to 10 business days for us to reply as we aim to give us much attention and care to every customer. We will however strive to answer each claim as quickly as possible.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, unless expressly set out in these warranties against defect, and subject to any condition, warranty or right granted or implied under the Australian Consumer Law or any other law which cannot by law be excluded by agreement, Johnny’s Furniture has no liability to the purchaser under the warranty against defects (other than repair or replacement of the defective part or product), whether in contract, in tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise, for any loss or damage of any kind suffered by you or any other person in connection with the goods including, but not limited to, indirect and consequential loss.
Once a claim has been lodged your claim will be assessed, and respond to within 10 business days.
The Purchaser must bear the expense of making the claim, and in some circumstances bear the cost of all house calls, labours and other items. These will be charged to the Purchaser at standard Half Price Furniture rates.
If a part or product is determined by Half Price Furniture to have a manufacturing defect, we will, at the election of Half Price Furniture, choose whether to repair or replace that part or product.
Should your purchase be deemed to fail our Half Price Furniture’s Guarantee, we won’t charge you for any transportation fees associated with pick-up or drop-off during the guarantee period within 150km of your nearest Half Price Furniture store. A fee of $1 per km each way will apply thereafter.
A refund will normally be processed within 3 days.
Where you have any questions or concerns relating to your order or product, please immediately contact our Customer Team First.
All the orders must be paid in full before the date of delivery.
Once your order is placed, you will receive an automated email confirming your order number, items ordered, the total of your order and your delivery details.
WHERE IS MY ORDER?
If you would like to contact our store to find out the status of your order, please call our store or email us at email@example.com. We have a team of staff waiting to assist and give you an order update.
We aim to make our website as secure and user friendly as possible, but if you still prefer to order offline, you can call us on:
Sales Hotline – 0402 622 878
Monday to Sunday – 10:00am to 6:00pm
Please email sales related enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org